Top Fast and Healthy Snacks
Find healthy fast food in each of the “My Plate” categories:
Here are a few examples:
- Nuts: One small handful of nuts is a high protein, high energy snack.
- Trail Mix: Make your own with your favorite nuts, seeds, and dry fruits.
- Hard-Boiled Egg: Dip in salsa or your favorite sauce
- Turkey Slices: Roll them in lettuce with slices of red pepper and shredded carrots.
Vegetables with Protein
- Celery Boats: Celery sticks with peanut butter, loaded on top with almonds, raisins, or your favorites.
- Veggies: Dip them in hummus, peanut butter, etc. Veggies can include carrot sticks, snow peas, bell peppers, celery, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and more.
- Spinach and Egg Scramble
Grains with Protein
- Oatmeal: with milk for protein
- Breakfast Burritos
- Granola with Yogurt
- Mini Bean and Cheese Quesadilla
- Mini PB&J: A favorite kids sandwich - bread with peanut butter & jelly
- Fruit: Select your favorite fresh fruits in season.
- Dry Fruits: They easily travel with you, including raisins, apricots, and more.
- Frozen Fruits: They’re good year round. Kids can freeze their own favorites.
- Fruit Tacos: Try corn tortillas with strawberries, avocado, cilantro, etc.
- Yogurt: Try it with any fresh fruit, such as strawberries, blueberries, apples.
- Cartons of Milk
- String Cheese or Mini Cheeses
- Smoothies: Greek yogurt with fresh or frozen berries, and apple or orange juice.
What healthy snack can you easily prepare for your child?